Click on the above image for a high-resolution headshot.
Capsule biography and curriculum vitæ
Here’s a short professional biography that is suitable for adding to talk abstracts:
William Benton leads a data science team at Red Hat, where he has applied analytic techniques to problems ranging from forecasting cloud infrastructure costs to designing better cycling workouts. His current focus is contributing to and applying open-source distributed computing projects, but he has also conducted research and development in the areas of static program analysis, managed language runtimes, logic databases, cluster configuration management, and music technology. Benton holds a PhD in computer sciences from the University of Wisconsin.
Elsewhere on the web
- willbenton.com is my personal web site.
- I keep a list of links to slides, videos, and papers associated with my publications and talks.
- Nearly all of the open-source software I’ve developed is available from my GitHub page.
- In my spare time, I’m an avid cyclist, enthusiastic photographer, and occasional video editor and composer of electroacoustic music.
- I occasionally post brief observations about bicycling, technology, or my children on Twitter.